If you’re the kind of person that hates routine and loves continuous challenges, we are in the right moment! Inflation is raising costs and creating complications for everyone’s wallets, including those budgeting for their wedding florals.
The floral industry has changed since the effects of inflation, and florists and soon-to-be wedded couples alike must adjust and re-learn how to create beautiful florals that don’t break the bank.
You might be wondering how inflation affects the floral industry. It might not be the first industry that comes to mind when considering how current changes would directly have anything to do with flowers. There are, of course, adjustments both you and your florist can make to keep your wedding flowers within budget (read on to see how). However, so much is happening today that is out of your florists’ hands.
Here are a few of the issues your florist might be juggling when giving you a
The obvious answer is to be aware and flexible with your vendors with the knowledge that all service providers are having to raise prices to provide excellent service. But if you don’t have the budget to pay the price difference, there are still other ways you can adjust and still have gorgeous florals on yourwedding day.
These changes can seem hopeless, but never fear: once you’re aware of the changes you can make adjustments! Your wedding flowers can still be stunning.
Things you can do include:
● Speaking with your florist about how you might be able to substitute flowers for more affordable blooms.
● Focus on color palette rather than specifics and let your florist help you realize your dream!
● Plan ahead: if you’re planning a year out you have a better chance of securing flowers you’re hoping for.
● Working with seasonal blooms. If there is more availability due to them being in season, you’ll get higher quality without having to pay top dollar. Work with your florist to discuss what flowers are in season around your wedding, they’ll know how to help you find the perfect in-season flowers!
● Simplify! Focus on a few larger impact flowers rather than a lot of little flowers. You’ll still get a big impact, just for less cost.
● If all else fails, understand that downsizing might be your best option. In times of inflation, it can be frustrating knowing that a friend got more flowers for less in different economic climates. With the changing costs, that probably won’t be the case now. However, when you work with the right florist, this shouldn’t mean that you get less when it comes to quality. An expert floral designer will know how to work with you!
As you can tell, choosing the right florist for your vision is more important than ever. By choosing someone you can trust, you’ll feel freer to make decisions and choose the right blooms because you’ll have a floral specialist helping you along the way. Be cautious of florists who say they can guarantee prices a year in advance: with changing costs that might not be true!
You might be wondering what a realistic budget is, especially if you’re just starting your planning.
Here’s a helpful guide on what to expect for your wedding floral quote with 2022’s current inflation rates:
$1,300 – $2,000 Intimate packages. Will typically cover personal arrangements such as the bridal bouquet, bridesmaids, boutonnieres, and corsages. May also provide a simple arrangement for the head table.
$3,000 – $5,000 A full wedding package, on average. You’ll be able to use a few premium blooms and arrangements for personals, centerpieces, and ceremony florals like an arch.
$6,000 – $8,500 Sophisticated arrangements with more blooms that are of high quality. You’ll be able to get various choices for your ceremony with more intensive installations.
$9,000 + Premium blooms and complex designs with arrangments that are packed with the flowers of your choice. With more to spend, you’ll also get more options to get exactly what you want.
By keeping an open mind and understanding the times we’re in, you can be prepared when making your floral consultation and set realistic expectations so you won’t be shocked by costs. With the right florist by your side, an incredible design will still be possible, even with adjustments. Are you looking for a floral extraordinaire who can help make your dreams bloom? I’d love to make your vision a reality
Wedding flowers can seem daunting. Between choosing the boutonnieres,
bouquets, and table arrangements, you're probably also wondering what makes a
fabulous centerpiece or a stylish altar arrangement.
You need a professional florist, and I'm here to relieve your stress. You get
stunning flowers for your wedding, I get to do what I do best: making events blossom.
get to know me